Design Drill My First Workbench
- Little builders get busy with a workbench and tool set designed just for them! Hammer nails and drill bolts directly into the bench to create colorful patterns.
- Includes brown workbench with storage drawer, 60 colorful bolts, 60 nails, and guide with 10 patterns to follow
- Creative play meets construction with this building set that develops fine motor skills, patterning (an early math skill!), and more
- Supports STEM learning with early engineering play
- Great for hours of unplugged play
- Electric bold driver requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Designed for kids ages 3–6
- Part of the award-winning Design & Drill line from Educational Insights
- One of my daughter’s new favorite toys!
My daughter LOVES playing with this toy! She mostly plays with the screwdriver since she finds hammering in the nails difficult. However, she likes to use the hammer to remove nails that I hammer in. I love that it has a drawer to store all of the nails and screws as well as slots that fit the hammer and screwdriver. In addition, the screwdriver isn’t that loud – it’s more of a gentle whirring sound. Overall, a wonderful toy that has quickly become one of my daughter’s favorites!
- Really fun toy
My son got to try out this really cool toy from Educational Insights called my first workbench. It is quite large and it comes with tons of different colored plastic screws and nails. It comes with a a screw driver that takes batteries so it really works and a hammer. There’s a large pull out drawer so you can store all the supplies when not in use. In the instruction manual it includes a diagram of different pictures and patterns you can make with the different colored nails and screws, which was really neat. The only downside I found was that there aren’t grippers on the legs underneath so the workbench slides around on the table and the drawer is a little tough to open. Other than that my son has been having a blast playing with this
- Well-built and lots of safe fine motor fun
This is much bigger than I expected, a nice surprise! My children all wanted to play with it and it keeps them busy! At first, I wasn’t thrilled that the screwdriver needed batteries, but it ended up being great and was so fun because it made it more realistic, like Dad’s. The storage tray really comes in handy and I appreciate the patterning ideas in the manual to extend their learning.
- Awesome toy! My son loves the different colors of …
Awesome toy! My son loves the different colors of the screws and nails, and that the drill works to put the screws in and reverse them back out. It has captured his attention. The drill makes a little bit of noise but not too much compared to some other toys. I love that it is not a huge stand up toy and that it stores all the pieces.
- 3 year old LOVES it!
My son LOVES this toys!! He watches my husband using tools regularly and was very excited to have some of his very own. I just wish I would have read ahead of time that batteries were not included so I could have had some on hand.
- Great for a wide range of ages!
This holds the attention of my 1 and 3.5 year old boys! I actually managed to cook an entire dinner uninterrupted while they played with this the entire time!
The battery powered drill is everyone’s favorite, including mine. The drawer aspect to store it all together appeals to my organized side. I also like the idea of the booklet with suggested patterns/designs…although the boys aren’t quite there yet.
- Fun and entertaining!
My son has so much fun playing with his work bench! I love that it teaches skills while playing as well! It’s colorful and it keeps him entertained! My sons favorite thing is the power drill to do the screws! He is just like daddy!
- Great toy!
This is by far my favorite design and drill set. We have owned a few and they all are wonderful. This one is huge! Tons of pieces and leaves plenty of room to design!
- Good rainy day toy for my toddler
Good rainy day toy for my toddler. Fun to give them a toy that they can pretend to be like Daddy, that’s not real power tools. The screwdriver/drill has an upward & downward mode. It’s fun for using the screws to make patterns.
This tool bench is so fun and colorful! My 3 year old son loves it 😊