- EASY-TO-USE STORYBOOK PROJECTOR: Your child’s favorite tales come alive with Moonlite, an easy-to-use storybook projector! This small device clips onto your phone (not included) and uses the device’s flashlight to project vibrant storybook images onto any surface!
- READ CLASSIC STORIES AGAIN AND AGAIN: Kids are always ready for an Eric Carle story! Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and 10 Little Rubber Ducks and enjoy these classic Eric Carle stories again and again!
- DEVELOP A LOVE OF LEARNING: This award-winning storybook projector creates an immersive reading experience that instils a love of learning at a young age. As kids follow along to their favorite stories, they develop their imagination, creativity and language skills.
- The Moonlite Eric Carle Junior Starter Pack comes with 2 Story Reels. Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and 10 Little Rubber Ducks to your child and encourage a love of learning! Ideal for children, aged 1 and up. No batteries required. Compatible with most major smartphones.
- Includes: 1 Moonlite Projector , 2 Story Reels, 1 Activation Card, 1 Quick Start Guide
- Amazing product!
Super easy to use! love the very hungry caterpillar! Will definitely be buying more for this year’s Christmas presents!!
- Best idea I’ve seen in a long time. A little hard to use, but worth it.
I give this 5 stars based on awesomeness. It’s a modern day Viewmaster that you can actually project on the ceiling or wall! My girls, 1 and 4, absolutely LOVE these. We lie in bed and read stories with the images projected across the ceiling. To get this to work, you have to download an app which is fairly easy to use. You select the story you want to read in the app, and clip the projector onto your phone (worked perfect on my iPhone 8+). Based on which phone you have, the app generates a bullseye on your screen that you match up to the clip to get the image centered over the flashlight. You focus the lens on the projector by turning it, and you’re good to go. The app then gives you the first page to read, and you swipe left to turn the “pages.” There is soft music playing (you can change between 3 songs) and it also gives you the option to tap specific words to make sound effects while reading the story. The girls absolutely loved it. The one-year-old (who usually won’t even sit still for a single book) actually laid down and watched/listened to 3 books in a row! (The four-year-old requested an encore of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and we read 10 Little Rubber Ducks once.) The images for these Eric Carle books are gorgeous, especially when projected across the whole ceiling.
The main downside to this for me is the slides are kind of hard to turn. With a Viewmaster, there is a lever that you pull down to turn it. With this projector, you have to use your finger (or fingernail, which works better) to turn the disc with the slides. It would be nice if turning the reel somehow signaled for the phone to turn the page on the words, but you have to turn the slide reel, and then swipe left to turn the page on the phone screen.
Also: the image on the product info needs to be changed. Based on the images, I thought I was getting The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Very Busy Spider, but instead the second book is 10 Little Rubber Ducks.