- BICCIES AND SWEETS: A nostalgic view with a distinctly English flavor. Get a glimpse of village architecture, street life, and beloved dog population with the Old Candy Shop Jigsaw Puzzle.
- 1000-PIECE PUZZLE: Thrill the entire family and provide hours of fun and entertainment piecing this incredible jigsaw puzzle together. An ideal pastime for everyone to enjoy!
- ABOUT THE ARTIST: Steve Crisp is an award-winning artist, illustrator and photographer known for his nostalgic depictions of village life in the English countryside and its stores.
- MORE TO PUZZLE BUILDING: Art jigsaw puzzles are a fun, inexpensive way to enjoy works of art firsthand. Use to boost valuable motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and problem solving skills.
- SPECIFICS: Includes 1,000 extra large puzzle pieces made of sturdy blue chipboard on recycled paper. Puzzle dimensions (completed): 24 x 30 inches. 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Made in USA.
- I give it four and a half stars (but put five since Amazon doesn’t give a half-star option)
I really enjoyed putting this puzzle together. The picture is a fun one with lots of small details (something I prefer in my puzzles) and I felt like the quality was pretty good. I also liked that they include a fold-out stand for the puzzle lid, which was handy.
That being said, I do have a couple of constructive criticisms (nothing too big, but I would remove half a star if I had that option). First, this puzzle has an excessive amount of puzzle dust. While that does not affect the overall fun of the puzzle itself, it does get a bit annoying and meant that I had to grab my vacuum. Secondly, the fit on some of the pieces is a bit loose, so it isn’t as easy to move large chunks as I would have liked. Finally, and this is just a personal preference, the pieces are huge, as is the overall puzzle size. Personally, I feel like the bigger pieces are a little less enjoyable (but can see how someone with decreased eyesight would appreciate the size) and I also dislike a larger overall size because it limits me to only being able to assemble the puzzle at my dining table instead of on the coffee table.
All things considered, my criticisms are quite minor and I do recommend this puzzle.
- Excellent quality, and looks wonderful mounted on the wall
This is a pretty good quality puzzle and the art reminds me of a local candy shop I used to go to so I felt a little nostalgic putting it together.
-There are no weird shaped pieces that I can think of
-All of the text helps to piece it together
-And the pieces have a very tight fit.
I think all of these things can either be pros or cons depending on personal preference. Personally, the pieces were a little too tight a fit, so sometimes it was frustratingly difficult to tell if two pieces belonged together or were just a close fit, because either way you have to really push it in there. There was also an excess of puzzle dust or whatever it’s called that made me sneeze quite a bit, but neither of these things were enough to remove a star.
If you want to glue and mount your puzzle to display it:
-I pour mod podge (the glossy one, but I’m pretty sure any finish works) onto the puzzle and spread with an old library card. Protect work surfaces with wax paper because it can get messy. I’ve been told actual puzzle glue leaves less streaks that you can see in the glare of lights, but it’s never bothered me and puzzle glue is more expensive while I am a poor student.
-After that’s dried, I flip the puzzle over (I should be one piece like a poster now) and use spray adhesive to glue a foam board that’s bigger around than the puzzle. If you can’t find a board big enough, you can use two; just make sure to press them together so there are no gaps.
-Then flip the puzzle right side up, and I use an X-acto knife to trim the extra bits around the edges. Sometimes using a ruler helps. I’ve never actually accidentally trimmed a bit of the puzzle off before, but I’m pretty paranoid when doing that part.
You can also trim the foam board first before gluing, but I’m even more paranoid about dropping the board so that it’s stuck in the wrong place.
- Great brand, pieces fit great, fun picture
This puzzle was super fun! White Mountain is my favorite brand because the pieces stay together well and I like the art. If you want to move a section all it once, the pieces don’t fall apart which is nice. The picture isn’t very "painting like" so it’s easy to match up objects. The hardest parts of this one in particular were the dog and the display case candy at the bottom. My friend and I like to do puzzles together and this was one of our favorites. It was equally challenging as it was fun.
- This is a very nice picture and the kids love looking at all that …
I have many White Mountain puzzles that my family loves to work on. This is a very nice picture and the kids love looking at all that is happening in the story with the candy shop.
- Quality pieces and graphics
Quality pieces and graphics! I’m an experienced puzzler and found this puzzle a little challenging but not Oh My. Piece group placement sometimes surprised me making it fun. I like White Mountain Puzzles. Since I own it, I wouldn’t buy this puzzle again, but I am sharing it with others who also like it. Great gift for people who enjoy puzzles. Good family project.
- Really enjoyed this puzzle and you will too!
Loved this puzzle. Just the right amount of challenge.. Lots of the same colors but some areas that help because they are a pronounced color.
- White Mountain delivers great quality puzzles and this one was no exception
White Mountain delivers great quality puzzles and this one was no exception. An adorable picture that kept us busy with lots of different textures, colors, and subjects.
- Fun puzzle
We love puzzles and this puzzle is one of our favorites. A good puzzle, not cheaply done at all. The pieces are thick quality and the colors are vibrant.
- Great Puzzle
This puzzle brought back fond memories as a child, who is now in her late 70’s. It was fun to do. I like the larger and thicker pieces. I have purchased many of the white mountain puzzles from Amazon and will continue to do so.
- Great quality!
I always purchase White Mountain brand puzzles for my parents (They are in their 80’s) They love them! Keeps them busy while stuck inside during the cold winter months. The pieces are larger than average and very sturdy. I highly recommend.